Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Problems Refilling Coolant on Rover K-Series

callumskeat

☹️ Folks,

I cannot seem to get coolant back into my Rover K-Series (1.6) properly. The car overheats very quickly and the bottom hose to the radiator just does not seem to heat up much at all. I have a drilled a 3mm hole in the top of the thermostat, but still no joy? I did this awaiting a new radiator, which still not arrived. Any tips Please?

Regards

Callum

on the Get To Know Your 7 day a few weeks ago the Caterham mechanics demonstrated the way they do it. They fill the expansion bottle until the level stops going down, and then put their mouth over the bottle top and "blow" the coolant until it comes out of the bleed t. it surprised us all!

Welcome.

Everything we write is stored for ever in the archives.

If you click on the "search" link above you get to a page that lets you search the archives. There are quite a lot of settings there, including how long back you want to go (set those to look for everything), which area you want to search and the words of interest. The easiest way to enter words is as individual words... try "bleed" and "coolant", but without the quotation marks. Stand well back as the responses come in...

Just say if you can't get it to do what you want.

Jonathan

Found what seems an excellent system to use. Many thanks for the help and pointers? Off to give it a go now.

Regards

Callum

The Post:

Posted - 4 November 2012 17:35

Now sorted - the age old problem of coolant replacement

Author: John Vine

Quoting callumskeat: 
*biggrin*Folks,

Many thanks for the help. It goes again! I am most grateful to all, not least John Vine who posted the 'fix'.

Have a great weekend.

Callum

Well, much as I appreciate the compliment, I'm afraid it's unearned as I was simply quoting Peter Carmichael's well established method. I'm glad the car's fixed though.

JV