Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Duratec injector pic. wanted

elie boone

Is ok that the injector ( Weber Pico ) only just enters the mounting hole ? the rubber O ring just seals the front of the mounting hole and the electric connector is touching the cil head. I fear they are to short the part nr is WF1024

Normal practice is to use the small Pico versions in the throttle body mainly for bonnet clearance above the rail, though they offer a different spray pattern for TB mounting, and use the OE green Bosch disc injectors (R500 & X330)in the OE head location - I've not measured the difference in nose protrusion though for comparison.

I've a set of OE injectors if you need a dimension though?

• Support Team
I've got some short injectors on mine (the blue ones on the left half way down this page) as the Bosch green fouled the filter backplate. They barely fit in the throttle bodies but haven't caused any problem. If you are using the Jenvey fuel rail then Jenvey can supply some small plastic spacers which help locate them.

The injector holes are blocked in the Jenveys and I don't intend to open them up. I have sourced some green injectors that are a very close match to the Caterham supplied one's but they are 3mm shorter. I just need to chose between conical spray pattern and twin spray pattern

But it's been proved they work better if sprayed into the TBs *wink* In addition I believe they work even better sprayed from the underside *eek*

I didn't know that anyone injects direct to head anymore *confused*

Those picos work perfectly with the Jenvey TBs and fuel rail if that's what you got and as Shaun states you just need a nylon spacer put in TBs which you could easily fabricate yourself *wink*

If your using some other setup then please excuse me 😬