Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Throttle Adapter Plate Question

Hi, O Wise and Kind BCers.

Please excuse the nonsense, non-technical text I'm about to write!

I have a 56mm single throttle body which is attached to the air-filter-facing-forward (Supersport?) inlet manifold, by way of an adaptor plate. The plate converts the four bolts from the throttle body to three bolts on the manifold. The adaptor plate is rubber coated metal, black, and about 15mm thick, but seems pretty worn and when slight pressure is applied to the side of the throttle body, the adaptor pulls away from the manifold, seeming to create an airleak.

What is the proper name for this part and where might one find a replacement, plus the o-rings to go with it to seal the whole caboodle up like new please? It seems (according to the AA man) a good source of the kangarooing I enjoyed en-route to my first trackday of the year, as the ECU wouldn't know how to fuel things properly.

Many thanks

Danny

Some photos here: Photos!

Here it is removed from the body. You can see the four studs that fit it to the throttle body, and three bolt holes for fitting to the manifold.

http://imgur.com/a/S6f7c#0

Hopefully this makes a bit more sense.

Sorry that's not an installation I'm familiar with. I believe some early (1.4?)K installations used a forward facing throttle body/filter though no idea if they used the same adaptor as you have there. This set up isn't "Supersport" specific. The Supersport upgrade was mostly a set of cams.

I'm not aware that a 56mm throttle body was used. I thought std fit was 48mm with many upgrading to 52mm.

Sorry not to be of much help here. Hope someone else can help some more.

Thanks Steve. Fingers crossed. I believe the part was refurbed by DVA, so I may end up speaking to Oily of this parish shortly.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bumping this up to see if anyone can ID the part in the photos? I've spoken to Millwood, cannot get Caterham to answer the phone and can find no reference to the part on the internet - it's not listed on Caterham Parts as far as I can see.

I have found it in one image, on a thread on PistonHeads (fifth post down - http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1186229 )

Anyone able to tell me the magic combo of words to google that will take me to this part!

Cheers! Here's hoping!

Some progress! Nothing at Caterham or Millwood, nothing as yet at Redline, but Rimmer Bros have the very item! Well, two. One is 20mm thick, the other 16mm. They're here:

Part JZV1085

And here:

Part MKR10007

Phew. Hope this helps anyone else searching.

Edited by - Smitters on 28 May 2014 12:22:48

• 2 years later...