Click here if you are having website access problems ×

C7 VEN

The caterham6

I am calling it a day on my Caterham had for 4yrs serviced by CC Midlands 1.8 K Series/6 speed box fitted by caterham 2005 since then 17,000 miles/wide tracked/13'' wheels/new R500 tyres only done 1000 miles/bosch starter motor/4 wings/oxted boot bag...Last 4 yrs bills £6075+C7 VEN plate all bills since new 1999.

Taxed till Sept/Mot all weather gear etc colour is Viper Blue/Silver Strip.

Take car or use as spares+Plate C7 VEN Bargain for a club member!

£5,500.

Something odd about this. Had it confirmed by seller that £5.5k was correct and BM off buyer to say the price was right and he's driven it 250 miles home. So it can't have been damaged and certainly not 10 grands worth of damage.

If true a £15,500.00 car has just sold for £5.5k.

Lucky buyer *thumbup*

Dave *smile*

Hmm makes the £10k I just paid for a 6 speed 1.8k from a friend (that needs a little bit of work) appear pricey in comparison! Nice to have a bargain or project though - good luck whoever secured her, hope Gary doesn't regret it long term (as I always end up missing my 7s about 6months after selling, and end up getting another before too long every time, I've tried Elises and 911s and still keep coming back to the trusty S3 - I'm on my 8th Caterham in 15 years now and I'll try to keep 'em a bit longer in future - but some of us never seem learn the error of our ways ;)

To be fair it looks like a 'right place at the right time' genuine offer for a club member to take advantage of - good luck to both buyer and seller, but offers like that don't come around very often (I still don;t quite understand why it wasn't £7,500 as it would have still been snapped up for that).

However, it warms my heart to think there is that level of generosity still out there in the world and I hope to be on the receiving and giving end of it myself some day - makes the world go around and gives the rest of us hope (and for everybody else there are Q-plate Locusts and tatty Robin Hoods for that sort of money in the mean time :)

All the best guys and good Karma to everyone in the club at least *wavey*.

*arrowup* *thumbup*

I've only heard of it once before in my 6years of ownership. The next time I'll have to put doubt and SWMBO's opinion to the back of my mind, erase 'if it looks to good to be true etc' thoughts out of my head, GSB's and take some positive action.

Hope both parties are happy, I know one certainly is.

Dave *smile*