Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Easimap6 - Injector Open

Andy Green

My R400 Duratec failed on emissions last week.

Purchased the Easimap6 cable and downloaded the software.

Ran the engine and did some traces. Never seemed to control to Lambda so purchased a new Lambda Sensor. When fitted the ECU did control to Lambda when it got to 97 and the fan was on. As soon as the fan cut out the Lambda reading just oscillated at about 1 Hz or slightly less.

Changed the spark plugs. Now engine will not start. Have buzzed out the Injector and coil pack feeds and all seem OK and the MFU does connect the grounds when powered up.

The ECU is now reporting

Baro Failed

Oxygen 2 failed

Injector A Open

Injector B Open

Injector C Open

Injector D Open

It does not have a Baro sensor as it uses a MAP sensor..

None of these errors were reported when the engine last ran.

Does open mean the injectors ore open circuit or stuck open?

Have cleaned all earths

When testing for emission there was a slight misfire at the 2500 rpm which may be causing the failure and Lambda oscillation.

Any suggestions as I am running out of ideas……….

Edited by - andy green on 10 May 2014 21:56:29

Just had a quick look at the wiring diagram to try and find something common between the Baro (I assumed this is the MAP Sensor), Oxygen and Injector A to D, but the only thing I can find is a Brown Black wire that comes from Pin 5 of the ECU, and is split in the loom and then connects to the MAP, Lambda sensor, but it also connects to the coolant sensor and TPS, so its unlike to be you problem :-(

I suppose you could disconnect the MAP sensor, and see if it reports the "Baro as Open", If it does at least you know that it is the MAP sensor its reporting.

It's normal for the narrow band lamda sensor to oscillate as you describe. The reported reading to the ecu toggles either side of stoic. Suggest you contact Steve Greenald at Track n' Road as he can deal with CC locked MBE ecus, assuming that's what you have. The faults sound like an earth off somewhere.