Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Bikeshed advice required

ewenm

Not been around for a while, but good to see things are still happening during the festive period. Hope everyone had a fun christmas and got what they wanted - only New Year to survive now and still fit into the 7.

Anyway, advice please. Got my can opener ready... Can of worms ready to go...

Story begins with b****rd builders at my flat not confessing to breaking my 7. Not much damage - need a new driver's side flared wing + stay + indicator repeater. However, I reckon I've got three choices:

1 - Replace single flared wing with one of same colour (default "easy" choice)

2 - Replace both flared wings with flares of different colour

3 - Replace both flared wings with cycle wings

The car is currently all yellow - thinking of mixing in some black/carbon though.

Opinions? (as I duck for cover in the ensuing flares vs cycles debate).

Fortunately car still drivable and just had great blat from Lichfield to Manchester through Ashbourne and Buxton 😬 Oh, and did I see any of you lot in a 7 leaving Lichfield northwards on the A51 at 4pm-ish on Friday 🤔

E.

Ewen Malloch

P979TMV - Yellow 1.6 K Series

This is far to serious a subject for the sheds, try Chit Chat where all the nice sensible people post. The riff raff who inhabit the sheds will not offer you any sensible advice *wink* 😬 😬 😬 😬

deeps *smile*

Deep down you know it makes sense. *idea*

I would choose option 3 - IMO the cycle wings have a better look, and they let you see the sheels bobbing up and down whilst you pootle along. Yellow car with ALL black wings looks good. TomB has one in this scheme, or you might find one on the 7gallery.co.uk

Regards,

Martin

Member of the CWS

Well done Mav you were sensible all the way throught that post, I am so proud of you 😳 *tongue*

Oh by the way Ewenm i think option 3 too *thumbup* *thumbup*

I just prefer cycle to flared, it's just personal taste *cool* That's the beauty of the 7 you can do pretty much whatever you feel like doing to them. They are so unique *smile*

Hope you have fun deciding what to do, but surely the b****rd builders will pay for whatever you decide *confused* *mad* *wink*

Viv

*smile* *smile*

Another vote for cycle wings *thumbup*

Those momentary glances in the direction of the 'moving parts' - IMHO just add a little extra to the whole se7ening experience *tongue*

and BTW Deeps, some Bikeshedders are perfectly capable of having sensible conversations, regardless of their location.............. and manage to retain a SOH too *wink* *wink* *tongue* *eek* 😬

FH

My best present this Christmas was the flugh ☹️

Started thread in the bikesheds coz I was sure people would still give sensible answers - well done so far, although I hijacking and silly answers always brighten up my day.

Not sure the builders will ever admit to causing the damage - could claim it was some other delivery van or something. Just my generally low opinion of general public/human nature and I'm hoping to be proved wrong.

Looks like the consensus is cycle wings so far - trust you lot to choose the expensive option 😬