Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Caterham R500 build - IVA Passed... at 2nd attempt!

Daniel

Glad its passed , your car isn't the first i have heard of recently thats failed on noise ,VOSPA may have tightened up on tolerances recently .

I hope the DVLA don't take as long as they are with mine , i am in week 5 now and getting really fed up waiting .........

5 weeks - ouch that'd be very irritating..!

Can't you chase them up after 3 weeks - I seem to remember reading that somewhere *confused*

Quoting Pendennis: 
Can you not go down to local DVLA registration office, cue up and sort there and then? I did with mine, that was some time ago I'd admit *confused*
Afraid it's not an option anymore as all the local DVLA offices have been closed 😔

Edited by - Roadracer1977 on 6 May 2014 20:28:15

Daniel,

Make sure you have a signed and dated Certificate of Newness. Also check that the date is less than three months old. Caterham know this anyway so they will sort it for you but worth asking.

Andrew

Quoting Roadracer1977: 
5 weeks - ouch that'd be very irritating..!

Can't you chase them up after 3 weeks - I seem to remember reading that somewhere *confused*

I've tried that , plus an official complaint 10 days ago , plus a second complaint on Friday last week after they failed on their previous comitment ( they promised to reply Fridays complaint by phone tomorrow, we will see .... ).

The trouble seems to be that they don't deal with them in the order received ( one owner sent his the day before mine and got his V5 before Easter , mine was sent in the same envelope as another and that other one was received a week ago ) if you ring up their systems only tell you if its processed not its position in the queue . The other issue is that they suggest that they will look into it but they never ring you back *confused*

Its hurting Caterham in cash flow terms with factory built cars tied up as stock for weeks longer that they used to be .CC have complained to SMMT and others with little effect .

I really hope this weeks wait is the last , like you i had track days booked .

Like you i had a few issues with CC but in fairness they sorted them relatively quickly , the DVLA have REALLY wound me up *eek*

If i was you i would send it recorded delivery , they seem to be able to track those applications easier .

Quoting AndrewB: 
Make sure you have a signed and dated Certificate of Newness. Also check that the date is less than three months old. Caterham know this anyway so they will sort it for you but worth asking.
Cheers Andrew - Dean has the certificate of newness and he's taking care of the paperwork side of things.

Quoting Mark W: 
I've tried that , plus an official complaint 10 days ago , plus a second complaint on Friday last week after they failed on their previous comitment ( they promised to reply Fridays complaint by phone tomorrow, we will see .... ).

The trouble seems to be that they don't deal with them in the order received ( one owner sent his the day before mine and got his V5 before Easter , mine was sent in the same envelope as another and that other one was received a week ago ) if you ring up their systems only tell you if its processed not its position in the queue . The other issue is that they suggest that they will look into it but they never ring you back *confused*

Its hurting Caterham in cash flow terms with factory built cars tied up as stock for weeks longer that they used to be .CC have complained to SMMT and others with little effect .

I really hope this weeks wait is the last , like you i had track days booked .

Like you i had a few issues with CC but in fairness they sorted them relatively quickly , the DVLA have REALLY wound me up *eek*

If i was you i would send it recorded delivery , they seem to be able to track those applications easier .

Oh dear - sounds like a right pain in the a$$. I'll certainly ask Dean to send it recorded delivery - I had considered that already, but thanks for the heads up anyway.

I hope you get some good news this week.