Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cheap corner weight scales

CharlesElliott

There's another sort on eBay that's slightly cheaper with a capacity of 150kgs and 0.05kg resolution or switchable to 300kgs and 0.1kg resolution, which should be fine for our needs. About £35 plus £9 postage or £162-odd for a set of four with various discounts.

Anyone in Suffolk/Essex want to go halves or even quarters? Don't think I can justify that much money for the amount of times I need to weigh or weight my car.

[Anyone in Suffolk/Essex want to go halves or even quarters? Don't think I can justify that much money for the amount of times I need to weigh or weight my car.

Mankee i could be up for this

Gerry, I'll look into it a bit more and will give you a buzz. Probably go for four of the scales linked by Charles and see if they can do a deal if I go and pick them up arm with cold hard cash.

Just had a reply from the guys who sell the scales linked in the original post by Charles, i.e. these ones. Can't pick them up in person because of distribution and order picking etc., but here goes:

4pcs = £184.99

8pcs = £359.99

12pcs =£524.99

16pcs =£689.99

20pcs = £855.99

All the above prices include VAT and shipping to ONE address. So there is a little bit of a saving overall, but not a huge amount. Plus if you aren't local to me (or whoever arranges the group buy) and can't arrange GONADS or other form of getting the scales to you, then you'll need to get them shipped, which negates the saving.

Any thoughts?

the latter scales are switchable so you can weigh 300kgs per corner with 0.1kg resolution. Could work for cars like Elises, early MX5s, VX220s, heavier kit cars and stuff like that, if their weights fit within the weighing limits.

Worth checking that they will be ok with the lateral loads that can be experienced when lowering a car down on to the scales. I used 8x bathroom scales for some years with some success but one by one they started to fail due to this sideways load. In the end I bought a second hand set of car scales which were not cheap.

These could be a good solution if suitable. *smile*

Already thought about that, Dave. I've been using patio slabs as roll-on, roll-off platforms and, also, someone in the archives suggested using supermarket carrier bags as turn plates, which actually works rather well!