Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Help Please - Rear Pads for a Track Day Tuesday

ChrisC

Hi

I am a doughnut, I had a plan over the winter to upgrade my front brakes, (and rear pads), but just didn't get round to it.

Now I have gone and booked a track day Tuesday only to discover I don't think I have enough meat on the rear pads.

I am looking for anything, in new or serviceable condition, that I can pick up (Today or Monday) I am based in Essex.

Hope someone can help

Chris.

Based in W Mids, so cannot help - but do you have the mobile number of anyone near you that is attending the Kit Car Show at Stoneleigh today?

They may be able to pick up some Sierra rear pads for you from one of the stands.

Edited by - jingars on 4 May 2014 11:38:55

Quoting ChrisC: 
I had a plan over the winter to upgrade my front brakes, (and rear pads), but just didn't get round to it.

I take that to be that Chris is still on standard front and rear pads.

I have an unused set of Mintex MDB1287 (i.e. standard rear pads) but am by Worcester in the West Mids, so not much use in the time available ahead of Tuesday.

Edited to add - too slow!

Edited by - jingars on 4 May 2014 17:27:48

Bugger. How about finding some local-ish pads from eBay and sending a message pleading your desperation and if you could pick them up and fit them in time for your trackday on Tuesday. Such as here or here.

PS. Where is your trackday anyway? A race team might be there who can blag some pads off.

It's at Bedford, I think they have a fleet of 7s so it's a possibility.

I didn't see these on eBay (but I did do a search earlier with the same idea) messages sent to both.

Fingers crossed, and thanks :)

I think the plan is at the moment to go, and push what I have left as long as I dare before calling it a day. I might get a couple of sessions :)