Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Avon ZZR - Next Year?

cskip

I heard a rumour that Avon ZZRs are loosing their "E" mark next year, so will no longer be a valid List 1B tyre. Does anyone know if this is true?

If this rumour is true, would the MSA remove the ZZRs from the valid tyres for List 1B immediately or is there a grace period? I seem to remember a similar situation with Stunners a few years back.

I hope they aren't going to be dropped, I have just purchased a set and I was hoping they would last into next season. ☹️

I suspect that it could be a case that they are stop making them all together rather than loosing the E mark, as all road tyres must be E marked

Avon ZZR tyres are not marked with an Asterisk in the Blue book which as I understand it means that if they stop making ZZR tyres then any which had been purchased before will in all probably still be in the blue book next year.

I would be surprised if they stopped making them as they have just been adopted by Caterham for the R300 race series.

As they don't have an asterisk next to them in the blue book they should be ok next year. If they do lose the e mark presumably that would only affect tyres manufactured after the date when they lose the mark.