Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Water Pump hose for James Whiting Zetec installation

Ralph Morgan

This hose has split on my car (it is 10 years old after all) and I'm struggling to find a replacement. James doesn't have any left in stock and can't remember exactly what it came from, and a suggested part from Burton's that another Zetec owner gave me via BC won't fit - he seems to have a slightly different installation from mine.

It's the one from the water pump to the front aluminium cross tube that goes down to the bottom of the radiator, and is a "J" shape, with larger diameter one end than the other. Trying motor factors just gets the usual "what's the car/year/reg number" response of course so I'm wondering if anyone else on BC with the same JW installation has found a source.

Other options are to make something up with silicone hoses or even to convert to a Raceline rail installation I suppose, but it would be easiest just to replace like for like if I can track one down. Can anyone help? The car's OTR of course until I fix it which is a shame now that the weather's picking up.

Ralph,

I recently replaced the same hose on my Raceline Blacktop installation. Similar problem to you but I solved it using a 90deg reducing elbow, an alloy sleeve and a short length of straight hose, all in silicone off E-bay (Mr Silicon IIRC). It gives you an extra pair of hose clips, but saved me trapsing round scrap yards to try and find a suitable donor.

Phil

This is the info that I have on file for my 'Jimmy the Fish' Zetec conversion...

Cooling Submarine: prob. Caterham Vauxhall (3 outlet)

Submarine to Expansion Vessel:Ford Hos6015442-7-EKHM80 (Obsolete Capri Heater)

Engine Block (Front) to Submarine: Ford Corsair V4 1965-on #695 Top (Water Pump)

Submarine to Bottom Radiator: Caterham Ford X-Flow (Cut to Suit)

If you cannot get the Caterham Ford X-flow item and cut it into the various angled pieces, I would have thought a Motor Factors might allow a rummage thro' their old bins?