Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Chassis refurb costs

tiddy1

Can any one tell me the cost of a full chassis refurb from Arch, i.e if I deliver them a bare panel less chassis, they blast it, powder coat, re-panel

Obviously any repair is extra

Do lowered floors cost more?

Any suggested upgrades to a 1994 chassis?

will they powder coat the suspension parts at the same time

How long does it usually take?

Now I'm sure this should have been discussed before but I could not find anything through the search.

Simon

Quoting tiddy1: 

Any suggested upgrades to a 1994 chassis?

will they powder coat the suspension parts at the same time

Simon

I've just had a post 96 long front fitted to my 94 car with the later suspension set up and attended to rack height with shims to eliminate bump steer. With a higher rack position Arch will re-position the track rod holes in the side skin. Obviously a new long front significantly adds to the costs but from a pure driving point of view, a marked improvement over the previous setup, although I've not competed with the car since so no idea if it is actually 'faster'. You will need new longer front dampers and springs (more cost!).

As for suspension parts try to find a company locally to you and get them nylon coated rather than powder coated as they will last much longer. I had all my rear suspension components done like this several years ago and have lasted well. Make sure the coater knows where to pre-treat all the bolt holes as you'll have a real job getting it off.