Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Another weight question

Julian Bradley

Oh dear. No....I am not a lawyer. What is worrying, is that I work FOR the Bar (and not the one many of us know and love) and I must have contracted whatever tragic medical condition that afflicts those unforunates, and causes them to speak, ipso facto, latin.

ANyway, I am now worried that (a) I give a stuff about the weight of my car, and (b) people think I'm a lawyer. You can't really sink much lower.....

Julian,

I've heard rumours of arround 30Kg. In other words quite allot!

Although in real terms this means little as no 2 cars are identical, and the ital live axle does have a BHP limit that is quite low, and a Ford English axle maybe heavier.

I would not worry that you are concerned by the weight of your car - this is quite normal and is part of the upgraditis affliction - I'd worry more about the speaking latin problem. 😬

Greg, Q 86 NTM (Green 185BHP XF)

*smile*

Ital axled Supersprint. They never told me how slow they go with a passenger!

And I used to think carpe diem was something to do with fish.....and I can see this thread getting unnecessarily esoteric. I got the full De La Salle Christian Botherers treatment, academically. Thus, ne te carbarundum illegitemi was our watchword.

Whatevever: good to know my museum piece is lighter than lardy SVs.....

Hi

A live axle X flow car (No two cars are the same due to spec) is at least 40 KGs lighter , 35 for axle/chassis, 4 speed box inxs of 5 KGs lighter.

The 4 speed transmission is good for 170 bhp, so unless your going steel engine, the ITAL AXLE and 4 speed sport box is more than adequate.

CHEERS

CHRIS

If it's any help, I weighed my 88 live axled 4 speed Xflow car some years ago and it came in at 525kgs with half a tank of fuel. Add to that if you run a heater, carpets or hood.

Daft question - if you weighed each wheel of the car on bathroom scales and added the four together, how accurate would that be?

Andy Couchman

Q831 FDD

Very useful.

Heater? HEATER? Passenger side only has carpet. Re wheels: one only on mechanical scales won't necessarily register. You need to stand 🙆🏻 naked on the scales with a wheel under each armpit, then subtract your bodyweight. If anyone walks in, your explaination is your problem.

No I have never done any of the above. Just thought it through to its bitter & rather sad conclusion. BTW, how heavy are 4 spoke revolution alloys? Save me thed indignity (above)