Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K Series cam belt protecting insert

Fishy Dave

Hi All,

Following on from this thread - Gauging Interest some progress has been made, hence a new thread. Please add your name to this new thread if you are seriously interested. Arnie is no longer a member of the club, however has successfully arranged a number of group buys on here in the past and has asked me if I would start this thread for members to benefit. I'm not personally involved (having sold my Caterham), merely acting as messenger. *smile*

Arnie says: We have made a prototype and need to know who still would be interested.

Cost estimated to be £150-£200 for a black CNC routed self lubricating nylon infill plus the mounting hardware. The first prototype has been made, a 'Dog In The Park' product. Its in Perspex so we can see through it to mark the mounting holes and check clearances around the tensioner etc.

www.racelife.co.uk/images/Cam%20Belt%20Cover.jpg

Link if the image won't show!

Clever people will know that showing off your cam pulleys on a K-Series can be a dangerous thing as there are no products on the market to protect the belt if you want to remove the standard belt covers. Essentially these are designed to prevent road debris, failing alternator and dry sump belts, tramps shoes, garden gnomes, leaves and of course the content of gravel traps from entering the gap between your cam belt and the pulleys, hence preventing a belt failure.

There are no statistics to prove how good these are, but its seems common sense to buy something for £150-£200 which has a good chance of preventing a £1000 - £5000 engine rebuild.

If you are interested, contact Arnie at Arnie[at]the-webbs[dotcom]

The more people in the first batch the more the price will fall.

Edited by - Fishy Dave on 20 Apr 2014 21:45:53

• 2 weeks later...