Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Polishing plastics

Wrightpayne

After reading an article on using toothpaste to polish acrylic headlight lenses decided to try on my Casio digital watch which got spattered with black overspray when an old rattle can failed at the valve.

Pleased to say following a quick rub with a damp dishcloth and spot of toothpaste the overspray has gone and the display acrylic is like new - no visible scratches whatsoever. Smells fresh too 😬

Ian

PS used Colgate Total

I've always used Brasso to rescue acrylic surfaces. A long time ago, when I had a day job. We had a high resolution render from a client to incorporate in a POS unit. Someone in the office tried to sabotage the project by running a scalpel across the face of the CDRom. Thankfully they'd not cut down to the aluminium. Rather than looking foolish and asking the client for another copy, I set to with the Brasso and eventually managed to rescue the image.

This was not before I sent a lad out to the local hardware store to get the Brasso and he came back with Duraglit because they didn't have any Brasso and the man said it was as good.