Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Discount with Opie Oils

MereCat

They are prompt and have a wide selection but their pricing policies have alienated me over the years.

Quit with the discounted carriage, ebay prices, club discounts etc and just sell the goods at a reasonable price in the first place and include VAT in the prices quoted. Otherwise it just looks confused and as is if you are trying to confuse your customer into paying as much as you can get.

• Area Representative

Quoting Guy Lowe: 
I bought some oil from Opie on eBay, it was cheaper than using the club discount *confused*

Guy

Quoting andy21: 
May not always be the case but I looked into their discounted pricing on oils recently - and found that the same oil was cheaper at Halfrauds!

Geoff Brown has negotiated the discount with about 100 suppliers in good faith and, in my opinion, does a cracking job. He obviously has no control over their approaches to distribution and discounting. Obviously, if you find the same oil in Halfords, you can get an additional 10% off using The Club's discount, negotiated by Geoff. (Did I say he does a great job?)

GJT, no one is saying Geoff doesn't do a good job, all I was saying and Aves sums up rather well, is that Opie Oils do prat about with their pricing policies and the OP should be careful and shop around *wink*

Guy

Edited by - Guy Lowe on 11 Apr 2014 12:28:12

Thanks all for the replies. Agreed not always the cheapest. Ebay link worked but was higher but have seen others lower... *thumbup*

In terms of L7 Club discount I just rang up OPIE and asked for the code , added to cart and paid £33 for 2 bottles delivered..DONE *smile*

Thanks

Paul