Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K Series exhaust silencer for sale

Back2a7in0xfordshire

Included in the purchase of my caterham (1.8 K Series VHPD SLR) last year the guy included the original spare exhaust - I have no need for this, and given that the 7 is going in next week for a big service, etc thought now might be a good time to sell to help fund this...

It was originally fitted to a 2003 Superlight R, was on the car for a matter of weeks before the owner asked Caterham to change the exhaust for separate cat/silencer one, so the exhaust has seen less than a couple of months use - it was removed, put in bubble wrap and lived in a (dry) garage since.

I have unwrapped it to look at it, have some photos but can't seem to get dropbox or anything working on my work computer... so if you're interested msg me and I can text or email photos.

It is the 6 inch version, with the main box measuring 70cm long x 15cm diameter, and has the black metal guard. I'm not 100% but fairly sure, these are they...

http://www.caterhamparts.co.uk/product.php?id_product=3492

http://www.caterhamparts.co.uk/product.php?id_product=3045

Exhaust manifold not included, and no cat in the silencer (I am told from knowledgeable BC people! Apparently the VHPD cat was in the 4:2:1 section).

It could do with a bit of a clean and has a scuff on the underside of the exhaust tip, other than that looks in good clean condition, and I've been told by the previous owner that it has seen very little use.

Don't really know how much this is really worth - I just want to get a fair price for it. Given its age, condition, etc I'll advertise for £195 but would consider reasonable offers.

Collection only from my home in South Oxfordshire/Didcot area or I work down in Farnborough (Hampshire), could bring down to work and meet for collection somewhere inbetween if that helps.

Thanks,

John

Edited by - JohnC7SLR on 2 Apr 2014 09:47:55

Edited by - JohnC7SLR on 2 Apr 2014 16:51:34