Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Electronic Ignition 1700 XFlow

Peter Griffiths

Peter,

I believe Roger King recommends the Weber Alpha 3D system, which is very good although not user programmable. I have just taken this off my car, not because it didn't perform but because it is not compatible with the throttle body upgrade I am currently in the process of fitting.

It was easy to fit and has performed faultlessly on my Zetec in the last 2 years.

I believe Michael C. has it fitted to his car so can probably give you his experiences pre and post fitting to a X/Flow.

I will soon be fitting an Emerald unit which is generally accepted to be the dogs and is user programmable.

Are you going for some Roger King magic on your engine as well?

A very pleasant Christmas to you and Rosina

Brent 😬

I can only speak about the Emerald in 'K' series guise. Very, very good and as Brent stated it is the 'Mutts Nuts'. Dave (Walker) & Karl (Paton) have a great, well sorted and easy to programme ECU here. Top marks.

Ian Macquarie (membershipsec@kentkitcarclub.org.uk) has an upgraded 1700 S/S running throttle bodies on the std x/flow. He may be ale to give some decent pointers! *thumbup*

Clamshell Club Founder Member.

Peter,

Have owned a non 3D ,mapped car, and a 3D mapped car - the mapped one is very much better, much smother, and you get better fuel economy. Highly recommended - and do speak to Roger K, he is very helpfull!

Greg, Q 86 NTM (Green 185BHP XF)