Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Caterham 7. Road and track ready.

6speedmanual

Posting for a friend. I was involved when he bought this car and I confirm it is a very good driving machine.

Link to PH ad

DESCRIPTION

Unfortunately the time has come to sell my Caterham – aptly named “Cadbury”, due to another project which is on the cards. Grab the chance to own the fastest dairy milk wrapper on four wheels! This car has not given me a single issue in my 2 years of ownership, requiring only regular service items and maintenance.

Previously well known among the L7C, it boasts a huge spec for an ex-academy car due to the previous owner’s excellent upgrades throughout its life and has relatively low mileage for it’s age (25,000). This purple rocket is a seriously well sorted machine, it has been corner weighted and setup by the seven workshop and with a decent pilot this car can run rings around R300’s on track. Some service history for last 5 years. It will of course be supplied freshly serviced, with 6 months tax and 12-months (no advisories) MOT for new owner to enjoy the summer. Perfect first caterham (it was for me!)

Spec:

Suspension / Running Gear

• 13inch anthracite 8-spoke wheels on Yokohama A539’s with minimal wear

• DeDion rear axle

• Mintex M1144 pads front and rear

• Widetrack front suspension

• Bilsteins with adjustable spring platforms

• Quickrack 2.2t

• Race master cylinder with adjustable bias valve

• Adjustable RARB

(I have 2 spare wheels and a set of cr500s that will last another trackday but are borderline for road use -these are included in sale)

Body

• New headlights – CIBIE Z180 with 110w bulbs (good fun for night blats!)

• Black GRP Cycle wings

• Stainless rear wing protectors

• Perspex wind deflectors / aeroscreens

• Full Roadsport cage + side impact bar

• Race chassis with lowered battery

Powertrain

• Supersport spec 140BHP 1.6 K series engine – rebuilt by Minister power at a cost of over 5000GBP less than 9k miles ago. Very strong engine that pulls like a train, oil changed every 1500miles. (Including cams, vernier pulleys, forged pistons, perfect platform for further mods like emerald ECU and RBTB’s)

• Caterham 6 speed box

• Titan LSD 3.62 ratio

• Triple pass aluminium rad + 74degC thermostat

• 4 into 1 primary collector

• 6 inch repackable stainless steel silencer (Powerspeed).

• Silicon hoses

• Dry sump system (with gold pump) with Caterham conning tower bell housing

Interior / Misc

• Indicator warning lights

• Stack dash ST 8100

• Red button starter

• Battery isolator switch

• MOMO quick release steering wheel

• Handbrake under scuttle

• 2 Tillet style GRP seats

• 6 point / 4 point harnesses (driver / passenger)

• Shortened passenger footwell, battery relocation.

• Plumbed in fire extinguisher system (extinguisher can currently not fitted)

• 30L racing bag tank.

• Full tonneau with bunny ears

I will say this, the car has “patina” and the price reflects this, there is a fair amount of gravel rash around the rear cycle wings and nosecone. The cage could also do with re powdercoating and the livery is hiding some paint chips. It has been well used but also been fastidiously maintained. This is probably not a car for a polisher but for someone who gets more enjoyment out of driving. As you have read above the spec on this car is unparalleled at this price point and I assure these “defects” in no way detract from the enjoyment you will get out of this car. As you can see from the photos this one is not to be missed.

Mileage: 25,000

Year: 2002

Doors: 2

Body type: Convertible

Transmission type: Manual

Fuel type: Petrol

Colour: Purple

Engine layout: Front Engined

Engine size (Litres): 1.6