Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Pedal adjustment

Quoting SM25T: 
I suspect you over-adjusted the bottom stop. That's why you should do it at the engine end of the throttle cable ..... much finer adjustment on the black plastic square adjuster plate.

SM, sorry... bit of a blonde moment on my behalf. When I was trying to take the slack out of the cable using the cable adjuster at the engine end I didn't have the throttle pedal stop adjusted/fitted at this point, so of course the slack would always remain!! *redface*

I suspect your right and I will make some adjustment at the engine end.

@TomB, get the throttle stop I mentioned sorted and adjusted to your desired pedal 'resting' position, then take up the slack with the square black adjuster at the engine end *smile*

Quoting FramerateUK: 

My car had a badly fitted (really badly fitted) round one which I replaced with this:

http://www.caterhamparts.co.uk/product.php?id_product=4507

It's been great ever since.

Do you know if this is any longer than the standard round one? Also, those angle washer looking things - are these to allow you to change the angle of the stop?

Mine is both 1/2" too short and angled 1/2" too high

Quoting Smiffy7: 
Quoting FramerateUK: 

My car had a badly fitted (really badly fitted) round one which I replaced with this:

http://www.caterhamparts.co.uk/product.php?id_product=4507

It's been great ever since.

Do you know if this is any longer than the standard round one? Also, those angle washer looking things - are these to allow you to change the angle of the stop?

Mine is both 1/2" too short and angled 1/2" too high

Yeah the reason my throttle pedal got stuck is because the stop was angled. No idea what idiot fitted it!

The angled washers allow you to place it perfectly, and yeah the stop I linked above is a little longer than the round one.

I'd go for a new one, at least you can adjust it properly then - my old one just ended up in the bin!

I might have to invest in a new stop like this. I think I might also invest in a new pedal as the existing one is pretty beaten and I'm not sure how many more cable changes it will take before one of the pinchy/clampy bits snaps off.

£15 seem a lot for what it is. CC seem to list a whole load of throttle pedals, non of which mention k-series *confused*

Can anyone advice the cheapest/best place to get the following:

Longer/adjustable throttle stop

THrottle pedal

Spear throttle cable

Spear clutch cable

Ta!

Haha that's my dyslexia kicking in! Thanks for the recommendation though

Edit: Grammatical correction *redface*

Edited by - Smiffy7 on 4 Apr 2014 17:36:39