Click here if you are having website access problems ×

VX dry sump tank

Stuart Wallace

I have ordered a dry sump system for my VX HPC from SBD along with the oil tank they recommend which is 100mm wide by 500mm high. I intended to shorten the passenger foot well and fit the tank in front of it. The problem is the Alfa ignition system is fitted on the passenger foot well extension with box fitted above the passenger’s feet. The tank might just fit in front of the extension but at 500mm high would be a tight squeeze. Has anyone any suggestions for alternative positions for the tank? I could change the size of the tank if required.

stuart

which system did you opt for, regarding pump type, position(pwr, alt) brackets or front cover mount. regarding tank i had thought about cutting semi-circle shape out of the front of the footwell if required, rather than removing the whole thing, i would fabricate new panel to cover before fitting tank.

kev.

Kev,

I went for the SBD kit that includes the Slim Jim Pump with front cover mounting and the sump. I also went for the vacuume kit. The expected delivery is the end of Jan and I hope the Caterham fitting kit does just that *smile*

Getting back to the tank, I had a look at Arnie's site and he has fitted his in front of the extension but his exhaust a bit differant to mine I think the extension must stay. I was speaking to Frank Martin the other day and he said someone had fitted the tank in front of the engine and thinking about it the duratec Caterham I saw at London to Brighton run had one fitted there. I will e-mail Frank and get more details.

Stuart

Edited by - Stuart Wallace on 22 Dec 2002 12:31:39

The VX with the tank in front of the engine is Lol Pilfolds, but his car runs a Manta gearbox and the engine is right up against the front bulkhead tube.

Nice idea though.....

Arnie Webb

The Fat Bloke 😳 in a not so Slow Vauxhall *wink*

You can only move the true mass so much in search of the ultimate C of G...... As the R500 boys well know. Ask them where they put that strange thing called an Apollo Tank......

Arnie Webb

The Fat Bloke 😳 in a not so Slow Vauxhall *wink*