Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Pink Caterham Fireblade at Woodbridge trackday today

Mankee

What a beauty! 🥰 I really wanted one of these back when I was a student and first saw it in evo. Mental little car for hot hatch money the article said if I remember rightly. Really want to have a proper look around at lunch time, as it's the first one I've seen in the flesh, but we had a bigger incident to deal with.

Hi Mankee, that's was me, in my tatty James Whiting original prototype blade the one that was used for the Evo article *wink*

I had an incident with a bollard just before lunch, tore the offside rear arch off, so trailered up and headed home.

I hope you wasn't in the MX5? The air ambulance was turning up as I left Circuit, I hope they're ok?

Ah, I had a feeling you were an Essex member! But I couldn't remember who exactly. I hope you haven't sustained too much damage in your impact? I think I picked up some bits of lights as well as some fibreglass. I have some spare lights from another member, a tatty but useable o/s black rear arch and other stuff if you need any parts for the repair? My car sustained similar cosmetic damage at a wet Spa last October with a friend behind the wheel.

Regarding the MX5, I wasn't in it, but it rolled about 15m away from me; I'm a marshall at Woodbridge you see and it was my corner that it happened. Was a bit of a shock, but the gist of it is that the passenger escaped in a daze and the driver is having a few nights in Ipswich Hospital as his heart had stopped by the time we got him out. But he is making a good recovery, thanks to the on-site medics and East Anglian Air Ambulance. *thumbup*

Anyway, it was great to see a 'blade being used properly. Looked incredibly light on its wheels and surprisingly quiet for a bike engine too. *smile*

I've recently moved to Suffolk, Ipswich in fact! Glad the Mx5 guys are going to be ok.

A tatty wing might be useful to me as it will match the rest of the car! It's had a hard life, and each winter I contemplate stripping it and sending it back to Arch, but it's nice to hammer it at track days and not have to worry about gravel rash or other cosmetic damage, while it's in its current condition.

I will have to come to a Suffolk meeting and get to know the locals.

Steve.

A man after my own heart, Steve! Mine is probably more battered than yours. I've actually slapped some Hammerite over the chassis this winter to make it look a tiny bit more respectable. The arch is all yours.

I must confess that I've only been to a handful of the Carrotland meets in the almost 5 years since I've been a member. Time is especially in short supply now that I have a young son to look after.

From your spotted thread, are you in the Grange Farm area? My sister and her family live there. Beer and natter at The Farmhouse one day/evening? *thumbup*