Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Crotch straps

PhilKing

I have two crotch straps in red for a Luke six point harness, complete with mounting eye, bought in error never taken out of the packaging.

These are the single straps so you need a 6 point harness buckle.

How does £15.00 delivered for the two sound

Thanks

Phil

Phil,

Are you slightly confused here?

A 6-point harness refers to the number of points of the harness connected to the chassis not the number of 'tails' that go into the buckle. My buckle has only 5 slots but I have a 6 point harness.

Apologies if I have misread your post.

No problems, that was my mistake, I wanted a 6 point harness, so two crotch straps, hence bought two single straps. The issue is that they have a D locator on each strap so need to have a 6 point buckle, I have a 5 point buckle. What I need is two straps with one D, so loop type strap I believe they are called.

Must learn to count the number of points on the buckle

Cheers

Phil

• 1 year later...

Checking the bag it states the following

LUKPICS1R

Luke plug in crutch strap single

01L05

It also has AP154 12AA embossed on the plug in connector

If you need anything else please let me know or I can send photo

Best

Phil 

Ah, so these are 2 single straps - 1 of which would convert a 4 point to a 5 point harness. To convert to 6 point you either need 2 straps that go to a spreader bar with a single harness buckle attachment point, or you need 2 single straps that do not have buckles on the attachment ends but sewn in webbing loops that loop onto the waist straps (at least this is what academy cars have).

Sorry for the delay in getting back been out enjoying a track day in Abingdon.

Not sure how to upload a photo onto the site, if you can PM me an email address happy to send one over. Alternativly the link below shows the style of anchor point connector, the strap comes with a screw in eye style to latch over. This is a Luke one, but could not find a picture of the exact one for a link.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/harness-crutch-straps/schroth-single-crutch-strap

Hope that helps, but I can email or text over a picture if you send me best contact details.

Thanks

Phil