Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Trickle charge

Roland

I say bad.

The only thing I would leave connected is a battery conditioner. An AirFlow makes a perfect pressent *wink* and no more battery problems. A conditioner is designed to be connected all the time, chargers generally not.

My 2ps worth

Chris...

From the Sealey website

"Intended for professional use, Supercharge 40/1 is an intelligent electronic charger suitable for all types of lead acid and low maintenance batteries. Operation of this product is perfect for the busy professional - just select the battery type and output voltage. Connect battery clips and switch on. The intelligent circuitry reads the battery condition and delivers the appropriate level of charge, indicating the charge rate on the ammeter. When fully charged, the machine switches off and will automatically turn itself on again should the battery voltage drop. This unit can be connected to a battery for an indefinite period – the intelligent circuitry maintains the battery’s level of charge at its optimum level."

See here

Sounds like a very big and VERY expensive battery conditioner.

(mine was £20 from Halfrauds 😬)

Steve

Se7en-Up!

Less is more!

Edited by - steve Motts on 20 Dec 2002 15:55:39

*smile* I invested in a battery conditioner as I work away on an oil rig my 7 is left for two to three weeks without being started. Have had the battery conditioner connected for some weeks and the car started without problem today. As everything else here in Norway the battery conditioner I bought was expensive it is a Selmar, cost about £70 here, probably cost's about £25 in the UK.

Santa popped a Draper Battery Master under the Xmas tree for me. (The credit card statement said Halfrods £15.99.) I tried it out today. It seems to be one of the "unintelligent" variety, delivering 300mA. The blurb says it can be left connected indefinitely to any conventional lead-acid battery of 30-140Ah.

JV