Click here if you are having website access problems ×

recommended ride height??

yankeedoodoo

My car seems to be an slr spec and I'm hoping someone in the christmas spirit can provide the info for a car on the 3 peice slr wheels with acb 10 7/21/13 front and 8/22/13 rear. Amazingly, this information does not seem to be included in the build manual. Also, could someone tell me what the standard slr spring rates are. The springs don't seem to be marked in a fashion understandable to my imbecilic self. Thank you for any responses. And happiest of holidays to all ( that means we get what ever upgrades we want! ). 😬 *cool*

Start by adjusting the spring seats so that the lower wishbones are parallel to the ground.

The front ride height can then be measured from the chassis rail under the wishbone at the rear bush.

Now set the rear ride height to about 15mm more than front value. Measuring from the chassis rail just in front of the A arm bushes (in front of the rear wheel).

Get out and drive it and then adjust the rear height for your presonal handling preference. If you have a Watts linkage at the rear you'll probably find that you'll need less than 15mm difference but the best way is to try it and see what suits you.

Hope this helps.

Std SLR spring rates are 150 front and the progressive 90/180 (IIRC) at the back. This is the same a SLs and Roadsports from before the revised model range came in (R300, R400 etc). I don't know what are fitted as std now.

250 front and 215 rear are what the race cars typically use. Whether you can describe this as std for race cars I don't know, as the springs will change to maximise the pace of the car.

Cheers,

Jon