Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Nylon Rear Wing Bolt Kit & IVA

Gregs79

can't see fitting that kit making it non-IVA-compliant...

that said, one of the rear wing bolts is used to earth the fuel tank (or sender or... anyway something fuel tank-related) so that'll need to be a standard metal bolt (or attach the cable elsewhere)

I fitted nylon from new (3 years ago). Nick the thread just under the head with a Stanley knife, more chance of it shearing if the worst comes to the worst. Inside the boot put the bolts in to out, saves catching your hands whilst grovelling in the boot.

• Area Representative

I fitted Nylon during my build last year. Went through IVA with no problems. Not sure if it's something that gets checked or effects the IVA though.

I did find the job a bit fiddly and awkward and managed to strip/break a few of the Nylon bolts so possibly make sure you have some spare.

Quoting BigCol: 
can't see fitting that kit making it non-IVA-compliant...

that said, one of the rear wing bolts is used to earth the fuel tank (or sender or... anyway something fuel tank-related) so that'll need to be a standard metal bolt (or attach the cable elsewhere)

Not necessary, use the nylon bolt but ensure the terminal end is sandwiched between the car skin and a metal washer. I've used this method for years without any problems *thumbup*

Malcolm

Quoting nickhi: 
I fitted Nylon during my build last year. Went through IVA with no problems. Not sure if it's something that gets checked or effects the IVA though.

I did find the job a bit fiddly and awkward and managed to strip/break a few of the Nylon bolts so possibly make sure you have some spare.

I'm glad Caterham changed their policy on this. 3 years ago, I built my car with nylon bolts and at the post build inspection caterham charged me to replace the bolts with metal ones because it "wouldn't pass IVA". I thought it was a bit much, as they hold the front wings on with glue! Then when I picked up the car, they had lost my nylon nuts and bolts. I did get some replacements sent through in the end.

Duncan