Click here if you are having website access problems ×

BMW 3 series diesel estate or similar

Back2a7in0xfordshire

I'm looking for a 2005-2008 BMW 3 series diesel estate (318 or 320), ideally the 143bhp or 177bhp version, as they're the most economical. Ideally c.100k miles but would consider more/less.

Or would consider something similar - keen on a 3 series but could go for an Audi A4, Volvo V50, or something similar. Want to stick to good/main brands though, must be good fuel economy. Have £4-6k to spend, ideally about £5k.

Let me know what you've got or if you know anyone selling something that might suit.

Thanks.

Edited by - JohnC7SLR on 10 Mar 2014 15:17:07

Hi John,

Would a Skoda Superb estate be of any interest? My new company car arrives in April and I can get a price off the lease company if it's one you might consider.

It's a 1.9 170bhp DSG in Elegance trim with leather, integrated Sat Nav, electric and heated seats. Will have around 140k on it by the time I come to part with it.

Also has detachable Witter towbar which I'll be leaving on as it won't transfer to my new car.

Let me know what you think.

Stu

Having just seen a '08 82k miles 318d at my local garage I'd seriously go for the Škoda.

It's mechanicals were largely removed from the car due the the auxilliary timing chain at the back of the block snapping.

Bent cam, broken cam bearings, crashed valves to piston, broken head bolt seized in block, plus a few other misc issues to put it all to right. £2500+vat bill on a car worth about £7k! Ouch!

Peter