Click here if you are having website access problems ×

It Lives!

Englishmaninwales

After a lonnngggg 18 months following my little 'excursion' onto the grass at Anglesey, much money, very long periods of loss of interest, today there was much cranking of the engine (must remember to re-connect the crank sensor after cranking for oil pressure 😳) and the green beast finally started *smile*.

Many thanks to all those for the advice and help I have received (especially Bruce and Phil at Arch, Richard Price for answering my daft questions and for suspension setup this weekend, Simon Rogers for help with dampers and a new fuel tank, Clive and Robert Kendrick for a really fab respray, various people who have bought items off me to fund the rebuild (Nick Chan - can I have my 6 speed g/b back now please *smile*?) and finally Dave Clarke for helping with the engine and gearbox re-install last weekend.

The VHPD engine is sitting in the corner of the garage looking sorry for itself with a cracked cylinder block, so will be sometime before that will breathe again. Probably a good thing too.

A few odd jobs to do (fitting wings, scuttle and lights)and and then Curbs on 18th March *cool*

Malcolm

Edited by - englishmaninwales on 6 Mar 2014 00:10:44

• 2 weeks later...