Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Front springs/shocks: new/used spare front springs, for wide-track Bilsteins on mk.1 Superlight

SUPERLIGHT91

New or used spare front springs, suitable for road-going wide-track mk.1 Superlight

With or without Bilstein adjustable platform shocks, new or used.

I basically want to remove my shocks and springs, get the springs powder-coated and refit them... it would be handy to have a spare set of springs or shocks and springs while I do this so I can simply bolt them on and keep the car on the road.

I have two offers on the table of a complete set of used widetrack Bilsteins around the same price from generous club members that have been good enough to get back to me.

Before I confirm on one of these midweek - has anyone else either just got any of the follow going spare:

- a pair of Superlight 170lb 1.9inch id springs, Caterham part no.75517

- or a pair of 250lb 2.25id springs, Caterham part no.77843

- or a pair of front-only used wide-track Bilsteins already fitted with either of the above springs?

regards

I have a pair of front race springs, which are 250lb, 2.25" ID, 7" free length. They are original Caterham items but before the days of Eibach supplying the springs, so are green instead of black. I assume you want part no. 77843 for originality?

Actually - was originally just after any that can be powder-coated yellow red or black to match other components in or on the car to replace the rusting old originals. They might be ideal and I remember the green ones. Apparently they started out with 175 springs and later they have become 250s, so willing to give them a go - as that is probably what is on the car already.

Ah cool. Some serious attention to detail there! I have the matching rear 215lb springs if you want them too? They came with some M1 dampers I'm currently using, but they are too long for my needs. Just spotted an email come in from, I assume, yourself. *smile*

Thanks for your responses - I decided to go with Mark's as the lowest mileage option for the same price. Thanks for all your offers though, appreciated.

If still looking to sell obviously there is here (in the for sale section - they will be snapped up).

Failing that Pistonheads Classifieds (although they charge £10/ad now I think)

and failing that eBay

Thanks for your responses and happy 7ing to you all this spring.