Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

R500 Rear Calipers and Rear Light Housings

You may or may not be aware, but I'm building an R500 at the moment and CC have managed to put my brain in a state of "cross checking everything"

Anyway - R500 rear calipers, are they supposed to be single or twin pot?

This review says lightweight twin, but I've got single *confused*

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/04/11/officially-official-caterham-r500-really-warps-time-and-face/

The review also states aluminium rear light housings - whereas mine are some form of plastic?

TIA,

Daniel.

Edited by - Roadracer1977 on 16 Feb 2014 11:16:24

Hi Daniel,

My 2013 R500 has black plastic light blocks between the arch and the lens if that is the part you mean.

I have no idea regarding the rear calipers but hope the photo heremay be of some help to you.

*smile*

Edited by - simpy on 16 Feb 2014 13:30:03

thanks Roger.

I don't post photos online much so I only use the club page I have for Caterham photos. When I viewed my post without logging in my photo/link worked fine but when I view it logged in it did not work for some reason *rolleyes*. I have edited it so it should work now.

• Area Representative

As far as I am aware the R500 has the same rear brakes as all other Caterham models, Ford Sierra single pot ones. Would recommend upgrading to the flexible brake lines across the de dion rather than the rigid ones, although check this does not affect IVA.

Nick

Daniel,

The rear brake units you have are the correct ones for an R500, they are the same as fitted to my first R500, and my current R500 too.

I think the autoblog review is a bit confusing, as it was an early one in the release of the then new R500.

Also my first R500 was supposed to be delivered with the aluminium light blocks, but they never showed up.

When I questioned it, I was told cc had decided to not supply them due to production issues.

So the not so elegant rubber blocks are what you get, unless you pay for the nice carbon units you can get!