Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

ATB Diff fitting fun?

No Nuts

OK folks, just taken delivery of my new Quaife ATB diff (one of my promised upgrades this winter - watch out class 2!)

Now, the question is, do I try to fit it myself or do I take the "sensible" option and get someone to fit it for me (I mean the internals, I'm not worried about dropping the diff out of the car).

Bear in mind that at this time, the 7 is my only mode of motorised transport. Another option would be to buy a s/h diff, fit the ATB to that, which leaves minimum downtime.

Discuss. 😬

NN 😳

Lotus @ Herts

Edited by - No Nuts on 17 Dec 2002 16:35:39

I've just had mine done and, after losing faith with the place I'd originally taken it to, I sent it to Quaife who did the swap over for about £90 in four days (including postage time). They were very pleasant to deal with, too, and really helpful after I got p****d off with the other lot.

I fitted my Plate type LSD myself, but it was something I really wanted to do. With the Diff on the bench it only takes a few hours with most of the time spent measuring the backlash a gazillion times in a gazzillion places. I would do it again tomorrow and was one of the most rewarding jobs I have ever done, not least because everyone says to get someone else to do it. The Diff is still as silent as ever several months down the road. Also get a pukka Ford Ws manual though as you will need the tech splurb

See My Zetec Power 7 Here