Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Off to Arch we go

Anthony

Chassis is over 12 years old now, so off to Arch in Jan for a bit of work. Current list comprises ;-

1. Replace both floors with thicker guage

2. Replace diff housing with 14 guage tubes/gussets

3. Proper front wishbone pick-ups

4. OS bush for side impact bar

5. Side skins to remove clamshell fixings ( bet they become the must have accessory in 2003 ! )

Any other suggestions from experience where chassis typically fail. Arch had no other suggestions

Many thanks

Anthony

X-Flow-power; the real way forward

Two positions for the rear radius arms ie higher and lower . Mine is 12 years old and only has the one intermediate position. How about Removable diagonals in the engine bay ? Also its a matter of taste of course but I would be tempted to ask them if the underpinnings for the later handbrake mechanism can be installed.

Indeed how about a new chassis !

Remove all the inner skin (ie down to bare tubes), strip and re-powdercoat the chassis .

Possibly use powdercoated panels for footwell, engine bay etc as well.

Nick

P8MRA - The green one with red wings.

Which is now bent ☹️ 🙆🏻 *mad* ☹️ 🙆🏻 *mad* ☹️ 🙆🏻 *mad* ☹️ 🙆🏻 *mad* ☹️ but is being fixed *thumbup* *smile*

Trevor thanks for the reminder - do not run this at present, but it is a nice bit of engineering

Just been to see Roger who has been working on a std Caterham BDR which is off the Jersey ( lucky chap )

On the exhaust might have an arnie type one !

Best regards

Anthony

Nick, saw your car today as Chris's - looks fantastic in the red. Chris has made a nice job of the chassis tubes as well. Assume the black "minilites" are yours as well which works brilliantly with that red

Green wings again ?

Best regards

Anthony

Hi Anthony

Thanks for the update *thumbup* - unfortunately Hertfordshire is a bit too far away for me to just pop over and have a look but I keep hearing about how the car is progressing via various blatchatters who visit there (thanks everyone) and it is going very well. Chris Wheeler also gives me regular progress reports and he is doing me a CD of photos of the rebuild as well.

The car was painted last week and Chris is now starting the rebuild. It should be finished in early January so there isnt not too much longer to wait, I'm getting keen to see it again now it is so close !

The black wheels are mine and are part of the red and black scheme I've gone for. The car was originally green with red wings rather than the other way around, but this time it will all be red (Ford Colorado red as seen on various Mundanos and Kaks) except for the windscreen surround, stoneguards, heatshield and sill protectors which will be black. I'm keeping the chrome headlights for now as I like the reflections but I may change them for black ones if they dont look right.

I just need to keep it between the hedges this time 😳 😳

Nick

Which is now bent ☹️ 🙆🏻 *mad* ☹️ 🙆🏻 *mad* ☹️ 🙆🏻 *mad* ☹️ 🙆🏻 *mad* ☹️ but is being fixed *thumbup* *smile*

Anthony, unfortunately my car is an insurance job because I bent it in September ☹️, as part of the repair it needed a full reskin and respray - the scuttle was the only outer panel not to get damaged. All of the GRP and all four wheels were also totalled 😳.

Having said that it was my choice to take it to Chris and is one I would definitely repeat. Everyone I have spoken to has nothing but praise for the work he does and he has been excellent to deal with both in person and over the phone.

As I was changing from solid green to solid red it cost me nothing for the paint (metallic would have been about another £300) although I've had to pay for the blackpack as those bits were originally polished and I'm also paying for the extra cleaning and painting of the chassis rails as these arent covered by the insurance.

Nick