Click here if you are having website access problems ×

TB progress. Gotta tell you lot.

stevefoster

A little throttle body update for you...

2 DCOE 45 carbs inc air filters on their own weigh 5.32kg

The Caterham 45-48mm inlet manifold weighs 1kg.

Pair of Jenvey TB's on their own weigh 3.3kgs.

So a 2kg weight saving so far. That is a result!

Both the new inlet manifold I got on the TB' and the one on the car are identical even have the same number stamped on them so will use the one on the engine.

I got the jets off. Easy once the trumpets are off as you can then see the hex bolts that hold the fuel rail to the TB's with the jets clamped between them.

The 'O' rings on the jets look ok. The jets look dry... Lets see what Bill S can do with them.

Bill is the lister who lives near the pub where we have our 7 meetings. He can ultrasonically clean them and test their flow for me. If they are US then a certain BC'er has a good set 2nd hand for me still I hope.

The ITG airfilter backing plate clashed with the pedal box. It is off set to the rear more sheet metal at the rear than the front. This would mean that anyone with the new style pedal box would have problems. The 7 it was

off must have the old style pedal box...

By swapping the plate around (back to front) the longer bit is at the front and fits perfectly well, I then tried the airfilter on and it fits fine. The whole thing needs a big bonnet cut out as the filter is bigger than the K&N's.

I have a spare bonnet to cut up for this. Not sure if I will try to spray it yellow or what yet.

We (Phil and I) got the old tank out (cage off and boot floor out job).

The crash prot kit is glued on so well that I think I will have to sell the tank with it and buy new again for the other tank.

I dreamt I was at Caterham buying the crash prot kit last night! *biggrin*

I have Arnie's tank with integral high pressure fuel pump to fit. Will test it first before it goes in.

On the map front. A blatchatter helped me with how things work. I also now know that I have an advanced mapping box that MBE make. This means you map and make small adjustments on the road by twiddling knobs with the lap top running a passengers lap. Not sure if I will use it, we will see.

/Steve

My racing pics, 7 DIY, race prep. Updated often here

Photo's of the year here

Hants (North) and Berkshire Area club site here

if you dont use the box i will buy it off ya *wink*

spoken to sbd (tho steve wasnt in today, will chat to him tomorrow) and they are indeed looking at using a better wide range lambda which, from what i have looked at in easymap, would mean the fuelling would be able to be mapped without the box...now whether the resulting map is any good is another matter *confused*

timing (and boost) would definately need the box tho