Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Top wishbone spherical ball joint kit

Dutchy

• 5 months later...

Steve

Did you locate any ?

I have been looking and the price of the MOG ones puts me off ( that and the fact that there doesn't seem to be any safety washer above the top of the joint )

I have been in touch with someone who manufactures the replacement vertical pins ( complete with safety washer above the rose joint ) and has agreed to get the special rose joints made with the 16 x1 thread .

The cost is circa £250 inc VAT and delivery per pair but the minimum number is 10 pairs

I may arrange a bulk buy if initial interest suggests there's enough interest .

I'm happy to be shot down, but outside of a lab setup, I doubt whether anyone could notice an improvement (unless you were a naked Emperor).

I should Imagine an open rose/balljoint is going to wear a lot faster due to dirt ingress, so you will soon lose any advantage as well.

They do look more bling, though :)

A valid point however if you are running ZZR tyres at 3 degrees negative for the track and want to do road mileage it's a very quick way of setting the camber to something sensible for the road , undo one nut and count number of turns , replace nut .

Yes I know the tracking also needs to be adjusted but that can be done easily as well once the track rod arms have been suitably marked .

I find splitting the ball joint a right pain .

Ed

It's the rose joints that are hard to get. , non standard thread .the pins are available off the shelf at a sensible price.

16x1mm is the rose joint size .if you can get some of those made up ( using top spec rose joint ) we are laughing .