Click here if you are having website access problems ×

O/T Anyone recognise this connector?

revilla

Socket on the Chime Bell module of a 2005 Daewoo Kalos here. I'm trying to identify the matching plug but I've no idea what it is. I'm sure it's probably a standard series, in fact it looks like it may just be the 8-pin equivalent of the SOT-072 plug used for audio connections, but I still can't find anything that looks right. The service manual is online here but doesn't give part numbers.

Thanks but the only ones I can find seem to have a 6-pin lead and a 10-pin lead like this. These plugs, like the 090-II Series plugs that someone else pointed me to, also have slots cut in the top but a flat bottom, whereas the socket I'm looking at looks as though the corresponding plug would have slots in both the top and bottom to match the plastic fins on the socket.

Examine all of the plastic of the housing / socket / plug in minute detail, perhaps with a magnifying glass. Dismantle it if that is a possibility. You may very well find a part number that you can use to track down the manufacturer. A lot of automotive connectors are made by Amp. They all have a part number embossed into them somewhere.

@Angus - I've had a good look and it doesn't have any identifying marks at all. I think however that it is made by KET (Korea Electric Terminal Co Ltd - which sounds right for a Daewoo) and getting hold of a matching plug looks very difficult. I only need three wires to four of the pins (two are grounded) so I've drilled a little hole in the case and run wires soldered to the pins on the back of the socket through a rubber grommet to a flying 3-way socket of my own. Looks like a neat enough job and will work fine for what I want. Problem sorted.