Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Potential BB: Carbon Fibre Rover EU3 Plug Cover

myothercarsa2cv

Following on from this thread here, I just wanted to see if there was any interest in getting a bulk buy together for a carbon fibre plug cover to replace the heavy plastic item normally found on the cars.

The only options at the moment are CC and Reverie, and they ain't cheap! Neil (who runs Kit Car Direct) has indicated that he thinks it will be between £60 and £100 to produce, but would need to see the cover first to firm this up. I'll be getting mine to him when things quieten down a bit in a month or two, so plenty of time to drum up interest in a bulk buy and save our pocket money!

Thanks all! I'll feed this back to Neil and see what his timelines are looking like.

Quoting Jerry: 
How difficult would it be to cut out a small sction of the lip to accommodate a Apollo tank connection to the cam housing ?

Probably not much point Jerry, as everyone has put it in slightly different places I bet! 😬 Not hard to drill and file your own slot *thumbup*

Daz, regarding covering the whole engine - I'm sure it could be done, it will obviously cost a little more, but the cost of making a mould might be prohibitive? I'll ask anyway *thumbup*

Edited by - myothercarsa2cv on 31 Jan 2014 17:00:40

Quoting myothercarsa2cv: 
Thanks all! I'll feed this back to Neil and see what his timelines are looking like.

Quoting Jerry: 
How difficult would it be to cut out a small sction of the lip to accommodate a Apollo tank connection to the cam housing ?

Probably not much point Jerry, as everyone has put it in slightly different places I bet! 😬 Not hard to drill and file your own slot *thumbup*

Edited by - myothercarsa2cv on 31 Jan 2014 17:00:40

Thanks, ,my question was about how difficult to do it yourself, having not worked with the material before, which you have answered *thumbup*