Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

cluch cable bush

jackb_ms

Hello all

Does someone has a spare clutch cable bush which I could borough or take dimensions for me?

I would need the outside diameter of the cylindrical part, the height of the cylindrical part, the outside diameter of the "washer" part and the diameter of the hole going through.

I need to make a bespoke one for my car and I need to order some nylon bush which I will then modify.

Cheers

Jack

I was going to order a few nylon bushes 50mm high with an outside diameter of 22mm and inside diameter of 10.4mm

10.4mm ID would leave a lot of slack, the thread is M10 and the nipple is almost exactly 10mm wide. Wall thickness would be getting a bit thin too unless you're planning on making the hole on the block bigger.

The hole is 10mm to allow the nipple to go straight through, it will not go through an M10 nut (I tried) the threaded part of the cable just sits within the bush, adjustment is via two nuts on the cable already, I don't think they will come off over the nipple (knowing that I can't get an M10 nut over it from the other direction)