Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Garage doors

Garth

Am hoping to order a roller shutter door for my new garage asap. Have done a little research and the SWS SeceuroGlide Excel seems to be a good door. They also have an option to install a device which will call your mobile phone if the door is opened which seems quite a good security feature? I have tried 3 online stores and they are all quoting almost exactly the same price! Any pointers as to where might be a good place to try and get decent quote - I have tried the Garage Door Centre, Garage Doors online and Access Garage doors. thanks

Garth

Thanks for all the responses - I have found a very local firm who manufacturers their own doors and come with a 5 year warranty - running gear is made by a well established UK firm too. Cost around £1300 but I will need to fit - just waiting to hear from one more company otherwise decision made!

Not wishing to add more choices but - I bought my door from here filuma doors about 15 years ago - being grp it is really light to roller up and down, you can do it with one finger and it's a double door, plus the amount of light it lets in is fantastic even when fully down can fully recommend to anyone. No doubt you are sorted but if anyone else is in the market well worth a look.

DaveR

I had two single doors as part of the bulk buy the quality seems to be pretty good and the guys doing the installation were very helpful and friendly. The doors come with an alarm if someone tries to open them.

There was an extra charge for a 10 year warranty (about £100 I think) which I took up.

Cheers

Robert

Quoting old gimmer: 
Quoting gileshudson: 

Essati seem to be the same company as Seguro who supplied the doors for the bulk buy, has anybody got feed back regarding quality/ installation,as I'm still interested in purchasing a single door,

Thanks,

John.

Yep, had mine fitted to my new garage just before Christmas *thumbup* and I am very pleased with it. The fitters did a very good job, and it only took them about 2 hours to fit it. My builder and the window fitter think that is a very good door, so they are happy and so am I . I just which that it played the theme of Thunderbirds, when it opens 😬