Click here if you are having website access problems ×

New Yokos

StewartG

the a038 are for the lotus 340r arent they? just on 205/50-15 (?) for the rear and 195/50-15 for the front

there are some 048 yokos out tho which you might be thinking of.

i dunno which are best myself, but am hoping to get some 195 A038R's myself soon as they are meant to be good. comments welcome *smile*

A friend was at George Polley Motorsport a few weeks ago and they said the A038s should be coming out in 13" sizes soon, and apparantly will ultimately replace the A032. They thought the 38 in a 13" would be slightly better than the 32 for both wet and dry grip.

Chris

Hoops - I think you have it the wrong way around, but I could be confused *confused*

38's for the 340r I think

48's new - they had these at last years autosport show, and the salemasn reckoned they would be sept 2002 for a 13" version, however I have never seen one, but checking the dt catlogue there is now a 48 in 175 * 60 size in 13"

I remember looking into this briefly.

38's are off the 340r.

48's are the new kids on the block and look set to replace the 32's. Not seen any user reports at all yet on the 48's however. They had them in the latest DT catalogue I think.

Just sopke to George Polley Motorsport (Yokohama importers) and they say the 48R's are an undated version of the 32R's with improved tread pattern & constructin methods. They will be about the same price as the 32R's, however the Japs are not producing the 185/60 &205/60R13's untill July ready for UK distrobution late August (just in time to miss most of this comming season 🙆🏻)

Will just have to stick with the 32's for now 😳

Andy *thumbup*

Edited by - Bananaman on 17 Dec 2002 13:24:29

A038R LTS fitted to the 340r

A039R LTS fitted to the Exige

A048R LTS new(ish) - I first saw them on an Elise S2 190, but fitted in Exige sizes. I had an Exige at the time and the front tire size is difficult to get, so this was exciting.

The LTS marking indicates the tire has special side wall construction from the Lotus car they where designed for, and they can only be supplied from a Dealer or direct from the factory (Read Very Expensive)

The A048R is avalible in other sizes, listed in DT 2003 I think, I have been told by a fellow Exige owner, the new A048 LTS have a shorter life than the original A039 LTS. From my expreience A039R LTS lasted 4K road miles with one trackday. I never used the Exige, and don't intend using my 7, in the wet so can't comment on wet grip.

I would expect 7s to easier on tires than a Lotus (assumption 1, based on the engine having the same power 😬) because the car is lighter.

Chris....

H15 EXG Get It ! Now H15 SVN 😬

PS Two full sets of ACB10 supplied by caterham would cost less than a set of Exige A039. Time to enjoy that rubber *wink*