Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

BJ Sprint Shuttle to push around for a bit (Shropshire area)

DaveMorris

I'm looking to buy a covered trailer.

My initial aim was to get a Minno Shuttle but I've not seen (m)any far sale recently so might well move up to Sprint Shuttle. I would ideally like to see what they're like to man-handle/push around before buying.

Does anyone in the North Shropshire area, or relatively close to it, have a BJ Sprint Shuttle that they wouldn't mind me pushing round their drive/yard for a few minutes *biggrin*

(I have a PRG open trailer at the moment, (which is no lightweight), but expect the BJ covered trailer to take a bit more grunt to move around.)

Dave.

Ive recently had both a PRG minisporter with the hard shell here and what I seem to remember as a BJ Mino which hinged half way along, left by customers.

Both were a bugger to try to move as they were so heavy and that was without a car on them!!!

The PRG hinges from the front so the whole shell lifts up. VERY tight to get a standard S3 7 into and no way that you can get to strap the front wheels down. Oh yes and to make it worse there aren't any grab handles on the shell so you wind up trying to manoeuvre it by pushing and pulling on the jockey wheel mast.

The BJ was no better at manoeuvring having all the same problems.

Re the Caravan mover idea.....

I have a twin axle caravan which is fitted with a motor mover so I have some experience.

Mine is a Truma and currently sell for £1,350 new + fitting. You have to have a twin axle specific one that 'shuffles' the caravan or trailer around. ones for single axles simply wont work. That's because of the bind that you get from the 2 axles. Twin axle units wont spin around on their own axis as a single axle will do. They are also quite heavy and would need at least an 80Ah leisure battery to power them. Ground clearance on a car trailer is also an issue.

If I were going for something covered I think that I would opt for a tilt cover something like this here but even this is expensive! Al least you can undo the sides to get the car strapped down properly.

Edited by - oldbutnotslow on 22 Jan 2014 15:25:16

Thanks for the feedback/comments so far - even if some of it is not too promising.

Having managed to put my back out rising from a chair today at work (! ! !) I won't be pushing anything around for a while .

However - based on feedback so far I'll probably give the Sprint shuttle a miss (due to weight/size - too large) and probably give the PRG mimi-sporter a miss due to being too small and dificulty strapping the car down at the front.

The "van"movers also don't apeal.

So - looking at other options (which don't include the "eco-trailer"). *tongue*

Dave.