Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tyres

andy_h

Looking for some front tyres to wear out doing donuts, the event is for charity obviously 😬

I have a pair of my own Toyos 888 for rear (no longer road legal) so would like similar for fronts, 13inch size.

Anyone have any in the South area that I could divert from landfill?

Thanks,

Andy

Andy,

I have a selection of tyres that I'm about to get rid of including:

10 year old CR500s in 13" front and rear(should you need a spare pair for when having trashed the Toyos) Reasonable amount of tread but tyres are fairly hard. Ideal for donuts I guess.

If you want something a little stickier at the front then I have some 175/60/13 Kumhos that are past their sprinting life.

Based in Orpington....

Andy,

As others have said you don't do much damage to the fronts or at least I didn't at the 2 supercar events I did. But I do think you need either matched tyres or grippier on the front for obvious reasons.

I have a pair of 205/60/13 048's which I put aside for last years Supercar day which you or anyone else are welcome to but again they are rears. I'm near Chichester.

Michael.

I would stay away from 205's on the rear for the type of driving required for the Supercar event, you just adding more stress to the drive train.

Last year I was getting tons of under steer down the far end of the circuit and did not notice hardly any wear on the fronts, remember we only do about 18 miles (probably less when you take account of the doughnuts 😬) and the surface was carp.

On the Sunday last year someone (yellow or orange car IIRC) was running ZV3's and they seemed ideal as you'll never wear them out and I am sure there will be loads of part worn ones of those lying about.

Guy

Thanks all,

I've agreed to collect some 888's from Ian H *thumbup*

I agree the fronts don't wear much during the supercar event, but I'd rather have a set to trash and not worry it (given I'm doing both days this year 😬).

Guy,

Don't disagree, but my rears are 205's. I'll just need to put even more air in them then *cool*

Being a tart I wanted the fronts to match my rears (all 888's) but 185's on front.

Thanks again all for the offers on here and blatmails.

Cheers,

Andy

I use to have loads but sold them and now I'm buying them back *confused*

My current count is:-

one set of good 888's on the car (Dymag rims)

one set of AO21's for wet track use (these have nearly had it anyway)

one set of newly acquired rims which I'll fit the knackered 888's for burn outs.

So 3 sets is not bad, and more than enough for me *cool*