Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Non Starter

Budjuggler

Thanks guys - you are all far too understanding - even Brent (done the same thing with the sink trap too!). In hindsight, I have merely put it down to a 'senior moment'.

But I'm really glad that Sull & Motts don't read Tech Talk

Looking forward to Thursday - especially the quiz *confused*

R770 VOM Anniversary (with cycle wings) and starter button

Brent

Did exactly the same thing on a MkIII Cortina many years ago and didn't notice, two days later I was convinced the big ends had gone with all the clattering going on, only when I started to strip the engine for removal did I find the loose crank pulley 😳

Mark

I know its not a contest, but I can beat that/them.

I once despatched a BA B747 from Kingston Jamaica with one of the undercarriage ground lock pins still in place - Right body gear won't go up, says the Capt. Ooooooops!!

Never lived it down - my friends even sent me mail addressed to 'Pins' and it was delivered to the correct person.

Tony

Slightly OT, but Tony C.

Have you ever noticed how you can say something like "Has anyone lost a nice 'Snap-On' phillips screwdriver? I've just found one" There are a few mutterings about "losing one" from the shop floor until you add the "Yes, it was behind the throttle quadrant on this Beechcraft 'QueenAir'. It was that that was stopping the throttles from fully opening". It all goes very silent. "If no-one claims it, I'll have to have it for myself then.No takers? Can't be one of ours then can it lads".

Still have that s/driver twenty years on !

Clamshell Club Founder Member.