Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Shortened Passenger Footwell Endplate

AndrewGP

Having just spent the last 45 minutes unsuccessfully trying to figure out how the end plate goes on the shortened footwell, could anyone tell me how it's done, preferably with pictures? I'd like to think I'm not completely stupid and I know one side needs bending but which side and which way. Why CC don't supply it actually shaped to fit is beyond me!

To add insult to injury mine is only bent on 2 sides, not 3 as per the CC website picture, here, so does the plate need bending on all four sides?

http://www.caterhamparts.co.uk/img/p/3493-3467-thickbox.jpg

Also, while we at it, how the hell does the external sump tank mounting plate fit it? I cannot for the life of me work it out

http://www.caterhamparts.co.uk/img/p/1469-1469-thickbox.jpg

😔

• Support Team

I couldn't get it to fit either and in the end cut the non-right-angled edges off it and riveted on some right angle ali I had. I think the footwell has changed slightly over the years and the current shape end plate doesn't fit older cars (mines 1997). Make sure you use silicone sealant to prevent water ingress.

I didn't buy the tank plate but cut it out of the old footwell I cut off! The vertical bit in your picture will need bending over the outer chassis rail I think - that's how I fitted my home cut piece. Hard to describe without pictures but search for my similar thread for some other peoples' photos. I'll see if I have some pics when I get home.

Hopefully someone will come along with the magic way of doing it and I can kick myself 😳