Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

R500 Build starting Feb 2014

Quoting James.S: 
CC do a kit then in addition we use the gold reflective stuff from DT. Works a treat.

Are there any links you can provide? I have no idea who DT are...

Quoting James.S: 
As for setup, bm me when your done and I'll help you organise someone at a track day. You can then dial in the car to you. Great to hook in an instructor at the same time.

J

Cool, cheers will do.

what if you start it for the first time actually at the post build inspection and SVA test ?, that way caterham can check the engine setup, oil feeds etc and calibrate the throttle boddies before any startup - this would assist any warranty claim Im sure ?

I would suggest you use Cateham for the SVA, as the emissions may be a challenge ?

Get the paint protection done before you start the build.

And as Dave says, why not have Caterham set up the tbs at the PVC, saving you having to pay for an engineer to come out to you and then it get checked AGAIN at the pbc?

Agree get cc to complete the IVA.

Welcome to the R500 club *cool* *wavey*.

Quoting Roadracer1977: 
Quoting James.S: 
Sorry, Demon Tweeks. Speak to Dave Kimberley, he is a caterham nut there.

This stuff I assume?

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/heat-shielding-protection/design-engineering-reflect-a-gold

How much do I need... Any ideas, as want to have everything ready before it arrives I'll be keen to get this ordered ASAP.

Thanks.

I would not rush and buy this until you check your car does not have it already. My factory built 2013 R500 had the heat shielding fitted as standard.

Some photos of my R500

Quoting simpy: 
I would not rush and buy this until you check your car does not have it already. My factory built 2013 R500 had the heat shielding fitted as standard.

Yes thank you have confirmed with CC this will be the case.

There was mention on another thread of a combined list of 'things we'd do differently' can anyone advise where I can find this list?