Click here if you are having website access problems ×

sierra rear calipers & brackets please

zetec

Do you need them soon, Craig? I have some Hi Spec rears to fit, so my Sierra calipers will be coming off at some point. Will come with Yellowstuff pads that have done a couple of hundred track miles and the hard lines between the T-piece on the de Dion and the caliper, as I'll be changing them for flexis.

They could even come with the discs if you really want them, which have gone through the same use as the pads as I changed them at the same time. But discs are only £12 a piece anyway.

Problem is that I'm so busy at the moment that I don't know when I can get the bits off for you.

Hmm. Super-busy with a big work project at the moment and I need to pay Mr. SM25T a visit towards the end of the month too. I'll get on the blower to Redline to order some flexible lines and if I can find a few hours spare in the next few weeks to at least hang the new calipers in place and stop brake fluid leaking everywhere, then I *should* be able to get you sorted. *thumbup*

Brackets as in the caliper carriers? Yep, all yours, as I don't need them for the Hi Specs. I do need the bolts and spacers that hold the brakes to the de Dion ears though. Is it a Live Axle that you are fitting the bits to? I don't remember!

You'll need handbrake cables and all that, and will probably need to work the mechs a little to free them up, as I've not had a handbrake on the car since I wrenched it all out four years ago to save weight.

And does your phone number still end in 606? *smile*

606-yep that's mine *thumbup*

You guessed right there going on a live axle,im having the axle uprated to take bigger bearings & discs & your calipers will be perfect!

I think james whiting will have all the bolts etc but he said I need the brackets.

hes got a handbrake kit for me.Youve really helped me out.

text me with a figure so I can sort with you.cheers gov *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

Sounds like a good winter upgrade for you! Just had a quick Google and I think that the brackets you need AREN'T the same as the caliper carriers. I don't know the ins and outs, but it looks like a bracket (bought or made) is bolted to the ends of the live axle and then the caliper carriers are bolted to that.

It must be quite a common conversion though? So someone out there must make these brackets. Or do some drawings and measurements and take them down to a CNC place to cut you a pair of suitable brackets. More research required, Mr. Craig! *smile*