Click here if you are having website access problems ×

2 gearboxes and a hydraulic clutch bellhousing

paul jacobs

My new years resolution is to clear all my unwanted garage junk [no that doesn't include the CSR], so I'm starting with a couple of standard type 9, 5 speed gearboxes and an iron bellhousing modified for and including the complete hydraulic clutch cylinder and reservoir as follows:

1 was fitted to a 1600 k series and removed after 3000 miles - £375.00

1 was fitted to a 2 litre blacktop Zetec [now sold] and removed after 2500 miles.

This was supplied new from Rally Design in 2009, receipt available. - £395.00

[Note these gearboxes are no longer available new to my knowledge]

Ford Zetec/XF to type 9 iron bellhousing, modified to fit hydraulic clutch, complete

assembly comprising the piston, cylinder, the release bearing, cylinder mount,

braided hose set, remote mounted reservoir and mounting bracket. - £150.00

Note that I am prepared to sell the hydraulic bellhousing and Zetec gearbox together as a complete assembled unit for the reduced price of - £500.00

Note that neither of the gearboxes will include the gear lever assembly.

BM me for more information.

Paul.

Edited by - paul jacobs on 1 Jan 2014 17:45:25

The simple answer is yes, but the details are that the input shaft will need to be changed, and I would strongly advise getting 1st and 2nd gear ratios changed to make them actually useable for a Seven. I've had several gearboxes done by BGH Geartec but SP Components do a converesion too, neither is cheap however......................

But the 2.3 Duratec in the CSR is much better with a modified 5 speed box because of its' torque, although there are always people who will come along and swear that they love changing gear all the time and that a 6 speed is the only way to go - rubbish [in my opinion, of course 😬].

In fact, I have a brand new, boxed and unused Duratec 6 speed gearbox for sale if anyone wants it, they are just over £3000 on the CC site, I suppose I would take £2500 for it?

Edited by - Paul Jacobs on 3 Jan 2014 13:44:42

Im basically of the same view - the gearing on my 6sp 260 is to low geared once on the open road...i had a 175 before and that had a 5 speed and was much more relaxed overall.

the alternative is changing the Diff for a higher ratio and keeping the 6 sp box

anyone done that?

I dont have the info so will ask CC on monday as I think they keep records. As far as I know its the standard one from new 3.62 or 3.92?

It certainly seems to be spinning in he 4k area at 70 ish...

the equivalent 5 sp set up is 4k = 83/89mph per info I have

big difference. As it stands right now im not sure it would make that much of a traffic issue as I can pull away on tickover with no issue or am I not seeing what will happen.

ta for advice etc alan

• 2 months later...

Jimbo, best to BM me I think. The water on on the Levels, is a long way from me, thank goodness. Listening to the news bulletins, you would think the whole of Somerset was under water, wouldn't you?

Superlight91, although the other box was bolted to an iron bellhousing and fitted to a Zetec, it would fit straight onto an alloy K series, it's only 4 bolts. BM me for any other info.

Paul.