Click here if you are having website access problems ×

RiF Carbon Bits. Nose cone and wings for S3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can't help you, but what happened to all of RiF's moulds and techniques when 666 packed up?! Edit - apparently Numax bought 666. Then moved it all to Caithness. Then mothballed that site and made loads of people redundant. Mr Potts moved on to someone unrelated and the trail of RiF's good work disappears. Thanks Numax and Mr Potts ☹️

Edited by - myothercarsa2cv on 11 Mar 2014 18:55:33

I have no idea, but what you've posted could well be right. I know that something like that happened according to Paul Richards.

If I can't find a suitable nosecone, then I'm going to have to paint the RiF car, and I don't really want to do that if it can be avoided. *thumbdown*

I wondered if you'd acquired the V6 beast 🥰 What a lovely car (potentially!) *thumbup*

Fingers crossed someone can uncover the moulds etc. The 666 stuff was as good as RiF's (I have a mix of RiF/666 light blocks, close enough to my eye), so it could be done again with the right method. Don't give up just yet 😶‍🌫️

• Area Representative

Quoting myothercarsa2cv: 
The 666 stuff was as good as RiF's

I don't think so. 666 made very little as they didn't use the same techniques or machine as RIF. What they did do however was sell all RIFs old stock including those which RIF classed as substandard. I suspect you probably purchased some of those.

• Support Team

For wings, it might be worth contacting this business: http://www.mickmadecomposites.co.uk/index.htm as he made some wings for Westfields which look almost identical to my RiF fronts. He doesn't list them on the site but may be persuaded to make some more.

You could also try this lot: http://www.carboncactus.co.uk/. The stuff of theirs I've seen was pretty good and they are keen to expand the range. They've done a nose cone. If they develop some wide front wings I might be interested *smile*

Quoting Paul Richards: 
Quoting myothercarsa2cv: 
The 666 stuff was as good as RiF's

I don't think so. 666 made very little as they didn't use the same techniques or machine as RIF. What they did do however was sell all RIFs old stock including those which RIF classed as substandard. I suspect you probably purchased some of those.

Interesting, perhaps that was indeed the case. In which case, *cry*

Edit - not heard of cactus, but Mick Made came up a while ago and no one knew how to get in touch with the guy!

Edited by - myothercarsa2cv on 12 Mar 2014 12:20:35

• Area Representative

As MOCA2CV says how do you get in touch with someone who has no email address on his website *confused*

I wanted to see if he would make a batch of carbon headlights.

Nick

Peter,

The domain is registered to Aspian Software. They might be acting on behalf of their client or they might be Mick albeit another business.

The Director for Aspian is David Gratton. Mobile that I have found is 07970 049797

Give it a try.

All the best

• Area Representative

Quoting myothercarsa2cv: 
Quoting Paul Richards: 
Quoting myothercarsa2cv: 
Interesting, perhaps that was indeed the case. In which case, *cry*

No need to cry. You probably have genuine RIF stuff. I have some sub standard RIF stuff and when Richard pointed out the flaw you need a microscope to see it 😬