Click here if you are having website access problems ×

NEWBIE SPRINTQUESTIONS

punch

I AN CONSIDERING ENTRING FOR SPRINTS THIS YEAR ,I HAVE A 2003 ROADSPORT 140 ON 15"CR500, CAN SOME ONE CLARIFY THE FOLLOWING?

CLASS 2/3 ARE LSD ALLOWED?

MY 4 POINT HARNESS SAYS EXPIRED 2012, WILL I HAVE TO REPLACE?

EXTINGUISHER REQUIRED?

CAN I RELY ON STD IGNITION SWITCH WITH STICKER OR DO I REQUIRE BATTERY ISOLATOR? OBVIOUSLY COMING TO INTRODUCTION TO SPRINTING DAY BUT NEED THESE ANSWERS NOW.ANY LOCAL SPRINTERS TO COMPTON, NEWBURY?

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Hi Punch

CR500's are a list 1B tyre so you are eligible for class 3

LSD's are allowed in all classes

Expiry does not apply to sprints just make sure the belts are in good order and not frayed

Extinguisher is not required

Standard ignition switch with a label on the dash is all you need.

Hope you join us at the Intro to Sprinting day at Curborough *thumbup*

Hi Punch,

there's lot's of things you don't have to do to compete but competing is certainly a good reason to justify them to SWMBO 😬 and even easy gifts for the Christmas List.

Have you considered if your existing 4 point harness can accept a crutch strap to convert it to a 6 point (most do), gives you the added bonus of a better harness fit on the road.

Battery Master Switch, avoid those pesky battery draining loads from the immobilizer, an easy DIY install.

Look forward to seeing you on the intro to sprinting. 😬

• 8 months later...
Mark I haven't seen the 6 point adapters can you point me in the right direction please? As for sprinting I'm one of quite a few novice sprinters this year. The sprints are well organised, everyone is really friendly and supportive....what more can I say other than don't put yourself under too much pressure and enjoy the experience!

I should also say the intro to sprinting material and presentations are available under competition corner on the main site. You will need some race clothing and an approved helmet.