Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Toyota Corolla - Cheap runabout

Mikey UC

I’ve inherited a new (ish) car so need to get rid of our old run-about, it’s a Toyota Corolla 1.3 3 door, with 180’000 miles on the clock.

It does have a small crack in the fuel filler pipe that will need replacing but other than that she’s a good little runner.

I was going to scrap her but it seems a bit of a shame as she’s still running.

MOT due in March or April , I’ll have to check.

I don’t want anything for her but I’m running the London Marathon next year and trying to raise money for the National Deaf Children’s Society, so would like a donation towards that.

Cheers Mikey

One of the guys who works for me is very interested and would be more than happy to sponsor you. Whereabouts exactly are you? Could you blatmail me some contact details please. Also do you have any more information on the fuel filler repair needed?

Many thanks,

Jon

McBreadhead – we would love to send her off on the Plymouth Dakar.

Jon - Blatmail sent

John – will give you a bell this evening.

I’l post the vehicle reg when I get home this evening so you can check out replacing the filler neck.

Thanks again Mikey for the very kind offer. Unfortunately the insurance is prohibitive (around £1200 !!!) and much more expensive than for smaller superminis so we will have to pass.

Maybe it will make it to Dakar! Boy would I love to be able to do one of those trips...

Jon

I took my Mercedes 190 to a Production Car Trial prior to scrapping it. It was about to fail the MOT in an uneconomic way.

The event I did was only a £25 fee to enter, it was great fun trying to drive it up completely inappropriate hills, without having to worry about scratching the car. You will probably find there is one near you before the MOT runs out. If you have access to a trailer the car does not even need to be road legal/insured for many of the classes.