Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Live axle imperial cage pls

zetec

There is a fair bit in the archives - cages are not interchangeable between dedion and live axle cars except the very early dedions where a live axle cage will fit.

CSkip was looking for one a while ago and I suggested he contact McMillan Motorsport in Hinckley as they support the race series. He managed to get one - might be worth a try.

They are incredibly rare. There was a Japanese seven in low flying a few years back that attached a front hoop to an FIA bar all in the thicker tubing. I posted a reply to this effect - just trying to find it.

Ian

I modifyed a DD cage to fit a live axle, but i have to say i run schockabsorbers without stem fixing at the top. The biggest mod. is in the 2 rearward tubes that have a different angle and different attachment point. DD cage has a fork fixing and the live axle has a bush fixing on the rear tubes. The front is exactly the same and i think the cage is even slightly taller than the FIA rollbar on my 7.

Another option would be to find a std live axle rollbar and a DD cage and mate the two together but then you will need to make the live axle rollbar higher because this is too low.